Golf Academy


Robert Bateman Secondary is committed to the development of student success by providing opportunities for students to pursue their passions.  This exciting golf academy will help student athletes personalize their learning by providing them with a tremendous opportunity in meeting their athletic and learning goals.


The academy will offer student's a high performance golf program that provides them the opportunity to develop their potential and total game.  The program will have a balanced approach with approximately 40% of the program held at Ledgeview Golf Course and Fraserglen Driving Range, where students will be instructed by certified CPGA professionals.  The other 60% of the program will involve golf specific athletic performance training, mental training, rules, ettiquette, anatomy, and nutrition by certified instructors and trainers.

Specifically the goals are to:

  • Nurture healthy attitudes and behaviours consistent with academic and athletic success
  • Improve the skill level of every academy participant
  • Enhance functional physical development through continuous fitness programming
  • Increase participant awareness of the benefits of nutrition on sport performance
  • Provide the student and parent/guardian with evaluations of personal performance

Academic Structure:

Students who participate in the Golf Academy receive 4 credits for their sport specific training during the school year.
Strength and conditioning 9,10, 11, Personal Fitness 12 and
PE 9, 10, 11, 12 (Golf specific)

All students in the golf academy are expected to maintain a B (73%) cumulative average.

Program Fees:

The Golf academy has a yearly fee of approximately $2500.00.  This covers the cost of our Head Coach and assistants, use of range balls, transportation to and from the course and equipment updates.  This fee is paid through School Cash Online with the school district.

Students in the Academy are expected to keep a Junior membership with Ledgeview as it gives them full access to Ledgeview for the duration of the year. 

Program Highlights:  

In 2011-2012 the academy travelled to Northview Golf Course, Chilliwack Golf and Country Club, and the Whistler Golf Course.  We also invited guest speakers to the program, James Lepp, BC Amateur Golf and Scholarship presenters spoke with the students.  We plan on having a unique variety of opportunities in the future as well.  

The 2012-2013 school year saw the Academy travel to Arizona in the spring.  We toured the Ping Factory, played Arizona State University home club Karsten Club and a few other local courses.

In October 2014, PGA professional and Bateman Graduate Adam Hadwin dedicated his afternoon to speak with the kids about success and how to formulate a long-term plan to become a great student and successful golfer.  This was a great opportunity for our program.

In 2014, the Academy went down to San Diego and played in a variety of courses and even competed against one of the high schools down there.  

In 2015 the Golf Academy went to Seattle area for a few rounds including a Chambers Bay months before the US open was hosted there.

2016 saw the launch of our very own Golf Room at the school which is equipped with two hitting bays and a putting green.  We also invested into a FlightScope so our Academy members get up-to-date information on their swing data.  The Academy also went on their prestigous Whistler Golf Trip which is always a favourite.

2018-19 season expanded to 20 members with focus on a skills academy and competitive tier.  In May the students went to Whistler again to enjoy Whistler Golf Club, Big Sky, and Squamish Golf Course before tournament season began.

2021-2022 saw a return to normal operation post covid with our academy at 17 members.  The school golf team, made up of 10 of the Golf Academy participants finished tied for second at the Delta Police tournament and 5th at BC provincials in June.  The academy also toured the Whistler area at the end of May playing Squamish Valley Golf Course, Big Sky in Pemberton and Whistler Golf Course.


Please review the Golf Academy Policies and Expectations and submit to Golf Academy Application to apply.

For more information, email Academy Coordinator


Meet our Team
Name Position Phone Email
Cody Stewart Assistant Coach/Fitness Instructor, PGA of Canada Certified



The Robert Bateman Secondary Golf Academy is happy to be partnered with Ledgeview Golf and Country Club and Fraserglen Golf Course. The Academy will be using both of these facilities throughout the year for the practical portions of the academy. 

Ledgeview Golf and Country Club

35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, BC
V3G 2L6
Phone: 604.859.8993

FraserGlen Golf

36036 South Parallel Road
Abbotsford, BC
V3G 2K4
Phone: 604.852.3477

Useful Links